Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Rain, Tapas, Love and laughter

I was having a conversation the other day with a friend and the subject of rain came about. Probably because it was raining in their particular part of the country so of course it came up... but I digress...


So, I had the instant imagery of a huge covered front porch, sitting on a blanket (and under one as well), eating & feeding each other tapas and laughing. Hot mulled wine and Sangria being sipped to awaken our tastebuds and thusly cause us to look up and catch each other's eyes and smile broadly. Regaling the other with stories of our childhood and misguided years. Getting drunk off the laughter of our youthful stupidity.


Finished with our apertif's, I lay my head in your lap and we talk for hours and then there it is... the look. The one look that melts my heart and causes all the barriers to fall... the look of "I see through your thorny exterior and know you want to feel again to allow yourself the ability to take the risk on love". Who knew something so simple could make me realize that what I wanted but was too afraid to admit is just to love and be loved in return.


What is that look you may be wondering? What is the simple gesture that can make me weak in the knees and set my heart free... well, if I just told you how much fun can that be? One person has been able to do it... but I did not let on...


Not yet.


Not now...


I am not ready for that, but I want to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.