Monday, September 17, 2012

Meatless Monday Makes Me...

So, I succumbed to the begging of my dear friend, Stacy. Meatless Monday is her plea to the world. In reply, I would send her photos of my dinner - mainly consisting of piles of delicious meat. Mostly, I am a brat that way and have no problems with veggies. In fact, I love them... almost all of them. Not those pretentious mushrooms, they are the worst. Growing in piles of poop and then have the attitude their shit does not stink. Anyway, I made roasted zucchini boats tonight and they were D-E-LICIOUS.

I was asked for the recipe, so here you go. There are no measurements as everything is "to taste" and preference.

  • 2 medium zucchini - halved & seeds scooped out then mixed in with garlic and onions
  • 2 cloves of garlic - minced 
  • 2 roma tomatoes - sliced into rings/rounds 
  • 1 small onion - chopped fine 
  • Cheese of your preference/diet - Farmhouse cheddar or Gouda is great 
  • Olive oil 
  • Balsamic Vinegar 
  • Salt/pepper/thyme Bread crumbs 

Preheat oven - 425
Bake for 20 minutes, add tomatoes and cheese - bake 12 minutes longer

  1. Mix zucchini seeds, minced garlic, chopped onions, splash of oil and vinegar, salt, & pepper. 
  2. Lightly brush zucchini "boats" with olive oil and sprinkle with a garlic salt and black pepper. 
  3. Fill each zucchini with veggie mixture then sprinkle on the thyme and bread crumbs, bake for 20 minutes. 
  4. Add tomatoes and cheese and bake another 10-12 minutes until zucchini is fork tender.

1 comment:

Rowdie Richie said...

That looks pretty hardy! The only thing I would change "to-taste" would be to add some beef, pork, or chicken. And mushrooms.